User Group Permissions
User Group Permissions are used by Administrators to control users' access to templates. Permissions are set in the Template Groups section of the HotDocs Hub.
Relationship between Users and Template access
The function of User Group permissions is to control access to templates through the relationship between User Groups and Template Groups. Permissions in the Hub are assigned as follows:
- User Groups are assigned Users
- User Groups are assigned Template Groups
- Template Groups are assigned Templates
Access to templates is controlled as Users may only access templates assigned to a Template Group that is assigned to their User Group. For example:
- The Employment Agreement template is assigned to the Employment Contracts Template Group.
- The Employment Contracts Template Group is assigned to the Human Resources User Group.
- The User David Johnson is assigned to the Human Resources User Group.
- Therefore, the User David Johnson has access to the Employment Agreement template.
Set User Group Permissions
User Group access permissions for Templates are assigned in the Template Groups section of the HotDocs Hub.