Editing a Component
You can edit a component in a few different places in HotDocs:
To Edit a Component from the Field Editor in an Open Template
- In the template, click the placeholder field containing the component you want to edit, and then in the Field Editor pane click Edit component.
- In a form template, select the field and click Edit Component.
To use Component Studio to Edit a Component
- Open Component Studio
- (Optional) To filter the components list, in the Components pane, click the All Components drop-down arrow; then click the component type you want to filter.
- Select a component from the list to view it in the main pane or double-click the component to pin it open for editing.
There are different properties you can edit for each component type:
Any change you make in Component Studio, whether made in
the script box or any other property, can be undone using the Undo button
in Component Studio.
To Edit a Component from the HotDocs Test Browser
- Test a template.
- Right-click on a component in the main interview pane.
- Select Edit Component
Component Studio opens with the selected component pinned open for editing. Once you finish editing, you can relaunch the test interview to see your changes.