Opening Component Studio
You can open Component Studio from Workspace Explorer and from the template you are working on using the HotDocs Author tab.
Open Component Studio from Workspace Explorer
- In Workspace Explorer, select a template in the left pane.
- In the right pane, click Component Studio.
Open Component Studio from a DOCX Template
- In the HotDocs Author tab of the Word ribbon, in the View group, click Component Studio.
- In the HotDocs Field Editor, select the component you want to edit, click the Edit button next to a component's name field, then click Edit in Component Studio in the editor dialog.
- In the HotDocs Field Editor, click an error message (if one is displayed) about a component.
Alternatively, you can choose to open components in Component Studio from inside a template:
- In a DOCX or Plain Text template, click the placeholder field, then next to the Name field, click the Edit button .
Open Component Studio from Composer