Adding Additional Information for the User
If you think the user may need extra help answering questions in the interview, you can add content to the Additional Information pane of a variable for the interview to display to the user in its Additional Information pane.
To add additional information for the user to a dialog
- Open Component Studio.
- In the Components list, double-click on the dialog or variable to open it for editing.
- Click on the Display tab and at the bottom of the tab, expand the Additional Information pane.
- From the drop-down list to the right select:
- Text: Type helpful text in the box. During the interview, the text you type here is available to the user in the Additional Information pane.
- URL: Enter a URL in the box. During the interview, HotDocs displays a link to the web page in the Additional Information pane. When a user clicks the link the web page opens in a new window.
- Click Save.