This document is a step-by-step guide to installing the HotDocs Hub with Active Directory, as part of an on-premise solution. You must complete each step in order when deploying the Hub to your environment.
In this Topic ShowHide
The following provides a high-level overview of how Active Directory and HotDocs Hub interact.
- Active Directory provides user account management and authentication.
- HotDocs Hub User Hub component provides user authorization.
- Active Directory must already be installed and joined to a domain.
- You set an existing Active Directory user account as the initial Hub root user
- The root user is the only user that can initially log in to the Hub.
- The root user imports Active Directory groups into the Hub, using the Hub user interface.
- Importing Active Directory groups creates new Hub user accounts for all imported users.
- Active Directory users can log into the Hub using their standard domain login credentials.
Check system requirements are met and security configuration is understood before installing the HotDocs Hub.
After the HotDocs Hub and its prerequisites are installed, complete the following configuration steps:
- Getting Started – first steps for using HotDocs Hub after installation
- Change the client secret for the Upload Plugin – you must configure the client secret before you can upload templates to Hub
Template authors are users that create HotDocs templates. The following software must be installed on template authors' desktop computers:
Install HotDocs Developer – used to develop HotDocs templates
Install the Upload Plugin for HotDocs Developer – used to upload templates from HotDocs Developer to the HotDocs Hub
After the HotDocs Hub is installed and configured, see the following topics for information about using the Hub:
- Manage User Groups – organize users into Groups
- Manage Users – create and edit individual user accounts
- Manage template groups – organize templates into groups
- Upload templates to the HotDocs Hub
- Manage templates – view and edit individual templates uploaded to the Hub
- Set user permissions – give User Groups access to Template Groups
- Create a new work item