This document provides an overview of the installation process for HotDocs Hub, including system requirements and configuration information.
In this Topic ShowHide
If you are performing an upgrade to Hub, please see Important Changes to HotDocs Hub before using the rest of this guide.
It is recommended that you keep a record of all configuration settings used during the installation process; a record of settings makes any future upgrade process easier.
To ensure your Internet Explorer and Edge users do not have any difficulties logging in to HotDocs Hub, you should configure your Hub site as a multiple level domain (e.g. https://server.yourorganization.com/templatehubui), rather than as a single level domain (e.g. https://server/templatehubui).
You should have a working understanding of the following areas to install HotDocs Hub:
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
- IIS security configuration
- Powershell 3.0
You must ensure you have met system requirements and understand HotDocs Hub security configuration.
- System Requirements
- Security Configuration Options
- Upgrades to HotDocs Hub – important notes for when you upgrade an existing Hub installation
Install the HotDocs Hub and its prerequisites, using one of the following configurations:
- Install HotDocs Hub with user management
- Install HotDocs Hub with user management and Active Directory
See Security Configuration Options for more information about the different Hub configurations.
After installing HotDocs Hub and its prerequisites, complete the following configuration steps:
- Getting Started – first steps for using HotDocs Hub after installation.
Template authors are users that create HotDocs templates. Install the following items on template authors' desktop computers:
- HotDocs Developer – used to develop HotDocs templates
- Upload Plugin for HotDocs Developer – used to upload templates from HotDocs Developer to the HotDocs Hub
See the following topics for information about using the Hub:
If you are upgrading an existing Hub installation to a later version, see the topics below for information specific to performing an upgrade.